How To Use Boost Oxygen
When people first discover Boost Oxygen pure oxygen canisters, they usually have several questions about the product. One common question is: How Do I Use Boost Oxygen? In this blog, we explain how easy it is to use our oxygen canisters, as well as answer some other common questions about Boost Oxygen (and supplemental oxygen in general).
How To Use Boost Oxygen Pure Oxygen Canisters
- Every canister of Boost Oxygen comes sealed to protect it from dirt and bacteria – so first remove the protective seal.
- Next, place the mask/mouthpiece UNDER your nose, covering your mouth. Don’t cover your nose with the mask.
- Press the trigger down to start the oxygen flow and breathe deeply, inhaling for 1-3 seconds per use, then exhaling.
- Repeat 3-5 times as desired.
If you’re still unsure, we encourage you to watch the short YouTube videos below for demonstrations.
To get Boost Oxygen, find a store near you or purchase easily online at our website store at the links below:
Answering Other Common Questions About Boost Oxygen:
QUESTION: How many inhalations in each can?
ANSWER: The 3 Liter Pocket Size Boost Oxygen canisters equate to approximately 60 seconds of continuous oxygen flow. Medium Boost Oxygen canisters contain 5 liters of Oxygen, which is up to 100 one-second inhalations. Large Boost Oxygen canisters contain 10 liters of Oxygen, which equates to over 200 seconds of continuous oxygen flow, or over 200 one-second inhalations.
How do I know when the canister is empty?
ANSWER: Boost Oxygen is pressure filled only into the can (sort of like a tire). No aerosols or propellants are used. When you use the canister, you can hear and feel the Oxygen stream. As the can depletes, the pressure of the oxygen flow from the can will also deplete until finally empty. When the oxygen no longer flows (and you can no longer hear or feel it), the can is empty.
How long does a can last?
ANSWER: Boost Oxygen canisters remain pressurized and have a shelf life for up to 5 years.
Boost Oxygen canisters contain 95% Pure Oxygen. What’s the other 5%?
ANSWER: The other 5% is “ambient air” which is the normal air you are breathing right now. Normal air is a combination of 21% oxygen and 78% nitrogen. So the other 5% is simply normal air that is part of the normal canister pressurization process.
Can I recycle the canisters?
ANSWER: Yes, the entire canister (including the top mouthpiece/facemask) is 100% recyclable aluminum and food grade materials. You can place Boost Oxygen canisters in any recycling bin.
Are there side effects from using too much Oxygen?
ANSWER: No, there are no side effects from using too much supplemental oxygen like Boost Oxygen. However, people who overuse MEDICAL-GRADE oxygen may experience mild side effects like skin irritation and dryness in the nasal or throat passages. A humidifier or ointments can help prevent and treat dryness. There are also cases of oxygen toxicity by overuse, but these are extremely rare and require many hours of hyperventilating pure medical oxygen. Please keep in mind, these are possible side effects from medical-grade oxygen therapy, and not a supplemental oxygen product like Boost Oxygen. Medical-grade Oxygen that you receive in a hospital or from a doctor is 99.2% pure oxygen. Boost Oxygen is 95% pre supplemental oxygen.
Is Oxygen flammable?
ANSWER: This is by far THE MOST common misconception we see posted about oxygen. Oxygen itself is NOT flammable and does NOT burn. But it can feed an EXISTING fire, so it’s dangerous to use any oxygen tank around something that is burning because it will help the fire burn more quickly. In other words, oxygen isn’t the problem – it’s the existing fire.
Can I bring Boost Oxygen on a flight?
ANSWER: Although Boost Oxygen is an all-natural and safe product, the FAA and TSA do not allow recreational oxygen in carry-on or checked baggage.
Why are the canisters so lightweight?
ANSWER: Oxygen gas is virtually weightless. Boost Oxygen sealed cans are very light, but they are guaranteed as full. The weight of a full can feels empty as the Oxygen inside has no discernible mass. This weight advantage makes Boost Oxygen cans convenient to carry around. Watch the video below explaining why the cans are lightweight: